University of British Columbia (UBC) provides scholarships for young international students from around the world to complete their bachelor’s degree at the institution. It is awarded to students who have demonstrated superior academic achievement and other achievements in other endeavors such as performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations. Successful students are funded to the tune of their financial need up to full tuition costs and living expenses. Students who are applying for their first undergraduate degree are eligible to apply.
|Level: Undergraduate||Institution(s): University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Location: Canada||Field(s): Any field|
|Target: All||Deadline(s): 1 December|
The scholarship is given to undergraduate students across all fields including biological sciences, social sciences, humanities, commercial, engineering, arts, etc. Visit the link at the bottom of this article for a full list of degree programs offered by the university
To be considered for the scholarships, candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. In addition, candidates must:
- be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- be applying for their first undergraduate degree
- have met the requirements of the program they are applying to, and the requirements of UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- Demonstrate their genuine need for the scholarship without which their chances of pursuing a UBC degree will be limited.
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
How to Apply for the Scholarships
Candidates must approach their current school or college/university to nominate them for the award. The nomination packages are sent to the institution by UBC and not directly to students. The packages must be postmarked by the deadline set by UBC. Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC by the deadline (see UBC site for current dates).
Please visit the official website found at the bottom of this article to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship