Scholarships are being offered by York University to international undergraduate students to the tune of $112,000 over the course of 4 years. Among these scholarships, the highest valued ones are (1) Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, (2) United World Scholarship and (3) International Entrance Scholarships. One application on the university website automatically enrolls you for consideration for all three.
|Level: Undergraduate||Institution(s): York University|
|Location: Canada||Field(s): Any field|
|Target: All||Deadline(s): 15 March|
These scholarships are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided high academic standing is maintained in each academic year. The value of the scholarship is as follows:
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $68,000 ($17,000 x 4 years)
- United World College Scholarship $112,000 ($28,000 x 4 years)
- International Entrance Scholarships: $112,000 ($28,000 x 4 years)
These scholarships are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided high academic standing is maintained in each academic year.
The scholarships are given to undergraduate students across all fields including biological sciences, social sciences, humanities, commercial, engineering, arts, etc. Visit the link at the bottom of this article for a full list of degree programs offered by the university
To be considered for the award, candidates must:
- be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- be applying for their first undergraduate degree
- be applying directly from high school no more than two years after graduation
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- Be nominated for the award(s) by their high school.
- Students applying directly for the York’s United World College Scholarship must be enrolled in or must have graduated within the past two years from a United World College to qualify
How to Apply for the Scholarships
Candidates must approach their current school or college/university to nominate them for the award. The online scholarship application form must be submitted together with supporting documentation (e.g., predicted grades, copies of transcript or GAP letters or language proficiency) to the University. The deadline for applications is usually 15 March annually, however visit the school website for current dates.
Please visit the official website found at the bottom of this article to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.