The Australia International Postgraduate scholarships (IPRS) is offered to international students to enable them undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia.
|Level: Postgraduate||Institution(s): Many in Australia|
|Location: Australia||Field(s): Many|
|Target: All||Deadline(s): Not specified|
The scholarship will allow beneficiaries to gain experience with leading Australian researchers. The scholarships are towards a Masters by research degree or Doctorate Degree at eligible Universities in Australia. Around 330 beneficiaries are awarded annually. Beneficiaries will receive financial support to cover tuition fees and health costs for both scholarship holders, and their dependents. The duration of an IPRS is three years for Research Doctorate and two years for Research Masters..
To be eligible for the this scholarship, you must:
- be an international student (except New Zealand);
- meet international student visa requirements
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a higher degree by research at an eligible university in Australia.
- have an official and valid passport;
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the HEP to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate or, if undertaking a Research Masters, not hold a research qualification regarded by the HEP to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters; and
- not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the IPRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- see more information here.
Please check the specific eligibility criteria of the partner institution and program you are interested in
How to Apply for the The Australia International Postgraduate scholarships
Make your application directly to a participating Universities/Higher Education Providers (HEPs) in Australia at which you wish to conduct your postgraduate research. Obtain direction from the scholarship office at their chosen university to help with the process and other information such as key deadline dates. The deadline varies among universities but it is usually around May-October each year. For detailed information on how to apply, visit the Official Website