The Adelaide scholarships International are awarded by the University of Adelaide to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
|Level: Postgraduate||Institution(s): Adelaide University|
|Location: Australia||Field(s): Many|
|Target: All||Deadline(s): Aug, Jan, Apr|
The scholarship targets international candidates who do not hold citizenship of Australia or New Zzealand. The scholarship includes course tuition fees, annual living allowance ($26,288 in 2016), and overseas student health cover (if award holder holds a subclass 574 visa). The scholarship is awarded for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only). Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered. The university is a top university in Australia.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- not be a national of Australia or New Zealand
- have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year).
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree
- meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements
- enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
How to Apply for the Adelaide Scholarships International
Candidates must submit an online application form by 31 August 2016 or 31 January 2017 for Semester 1, 2017. The deadline for Semester 2, 2017 is 31 January or 30 April 2017. A link to an online application form will be available on the official website
For detailed information on how to apply, visit the Official Website