The DAAD Scholarships for Artisans and Musicians provide unique funding opportunities for highly qualified students to complete a program of additional studies, with or without earning a formal degree, at a German institute of higher education.
|Level: postgraduate||Institution(s): in Germany|
|Location: Germany||Field(s): Music, Performing Arts, Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film, Architecture|
|Target: Americans, Canadians, graduates from American and Canadian Universities||Deadline(s): October 31 2016,|
The DAAD Scholarships are applicable towards one academic year (10 months) study at a German institution with the possibility of a one-year extension for students completing a full degree program in Germany. The scholarships offer monthly stipends of approximately €750. in addition, DAAD will cover health insurance and provide a flat rate subsidy for travel costs. Finally, limited funds are available for a rent subsidy and family allowance.
note: If you are not a citizen of the United States or Canada, it is usually required that your last degree was obtained in the US/Canada, or you will have received a degree there before your scholarship starts. In addition, applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization/German-Canadian organization concurrently for the same project.
To be eligible for the DAAD Scholarships, you may:
- be a student in your last year of undergraduates studies at an accredited North American university
- be a recent BA or MA graduate who completed their last degree no longer than 6 years ago by the application deadline date
- be a graduate student enrolled full-time at an accredited North American university
- be a PhD candidate who has achieved ABD status no longer than four years before applying. Postdocs may apply until two years after completion of their PhD.
- By the time of application deadline, applicants may not have been living in Germany for more than 15 months.
- Applicants should be US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited US or Canadian University for more than one year at the time of application.
How to Apply for the DAAD Scholarships
The following instructions apply:
- Register a new account on the portal.
- You must upload the following documents on the portal: Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form
- You must submit Online application form, Full curriculum vitae in tabular form, Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- Proof of knowledge of the language of instruction (German or English) is required
- Submit the printed “Application summary” by post. Do not enclose any other documents that have not been uploaded to the portal with the printed “Application summary” – except the required references (in sealed envelopes) and a work sample if applicable!.
- submit one recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications.
For additional information and instructions on how to apply for the DAAD Scholarships, please visit here.