UNBC Graduate Entrance Scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students from around the world to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Northern British Columbia. UNBC provides outstanding undergraduate and graduate learning opportunities across a wide range of fields.
||Level: Postgraduate, Masters, PhD|||Institution(s): University of Northern British Columbia, Canada|
||Location: Canada,|||Field(s): Any|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): December 15 (for 2016), May 1 (for 2016)|
Awards are valued at about $10,000 each. Consideration is based on academic excellence (graduate admission GPA of 4.00 or greater). Applicants/students in the MBA Program are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
These awards are renewable at the Master’s level for up to one additional consecutive year, and at the Doctoral level for up to two additional consecutive years, provided that the recipient maintains academic excellence and receives a satisfactory Progress Report. To be considered for other UNBC Graduate Awards or General Awards you must complete a separate awards application after applying for admission at the institution.
To be eligible for the UNBC Graduate Entrance Scholarships, you must:
be aspiring to study at the institution
- Apply for graduate admission by by the deadline: December 15 (for September or May start) & May 1 (for January start)
be applying to pursue a full-time residential Masters or PhD.
Note that Applicants/students in the MBA Program are not eligible to apply for this scholarship..
How to Apply for the UNBC Graduate Entrance Scholarships
You must make an application to UNBC for admission by the deadline stated above. In addition, you must Complete the GES application form, and submit it to the Awards and Financial Aid Unit along with your Research/Study Goals Statement. Your Research/Study Goals statement must:
- state your specific area of interest (i.e. the research topic you want to work on)
- state how your past education and other experiences have prepared you to be successful in the graduate program
- state what you hope to achieve in your graduate program
- state why this particular program at UNBC is the best place for you to pursue your interests.
- state other information. see link