The Al (Alberta Innovate) – SPOR Graduate Scholarships is a Graduate Studentship which provides support for individuals undertaking Master’s or PhD related to Patient-Oriented Research (POR) at an Alberta university. It aims to develop capacity through a multi-disciplinary approach for all stakeholders including applicants, thesis supervisors, patients, and community team members.
||Level: Postgraduate, Masters, PhD|||Institution(s): Universities in Alberta, Canada|
||Location: Canada,|||Field(s): Health|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): October 1|
The scholarship is worth $30,000 for one year (Masters and PhD), and training opportunities in patient-oriented research.
Recipients of the Alberta SPOR Graduate Studentship will have the opportunity to attain the knowledge and experience to transition to careers in research and innovation areas and beyond that leverages their scientific training and expertise
To be eligible for the SPOR Graduate Scholarships, you must:
- be currently enrolled in a graduate program at an Alberta university
be undertaking health-related training leading to a thesis-based graduate degree.
- have completed their first year of graduate training, at the time of award implementation.OR
- may be entering their first year of graduate studies in either September of the competition year or January of the award year
How to Apply for the SPOR Graduate Scholarships
All applications undergo a rigorous review process by a committee. Assessment of candidates will focus on the trainee, their career plan and the anticipated benefits they would gain from the opportunities provided by the proposed training environment(s) as measured by the following criteria and this should be included in the application:
- Relevant work and/or research experience
- Career development plans
- Supervisory team, and the research and mentorship environment
- Research proposal