VLIR-UOS scholarships are awarded to students from 31 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, to attend one of selected Master’s or training programmes in Belgium. The scholarships sponsor up to 20 programmes taught in English Language in Belgium educational institutions.
||Level: Postgraduate, Masters,|||Institution(s): Universities/educations institutions in Belgium|
||Location: Europe, Belgium|||Field(s): Over 20 Selected fields|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): March, Not specified varies|
The scholarships cover allowance, accommodation, insurance, international travel and tuition fee. For the masters program, this is broken down below:
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
The 31 eligible countries (mostly developing countries) include:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Priority is given to candidates who are employed in government, research institutes, academic institutions, NGO’s, or aim a career in one of these sectors. However, also newly graduated candidates without any work experience (for Master programmes) as well as candidates employed in the profit sector can be eligible for the scholarship.
To be eligible for the VLIR-UOS Scholarships, you must:
be a citizen of any of the countries listed above OR be resident in any of them
be applying be applying for one of the masters or training program listed in this link. They include
- One year masters in: Human Settlements, Development Evaluation and Management, Governance and Development, Globalization and Development, Cultures and Development Studies
- Two-year masters in: Food Technology, Aquaculture, Epidemiology, Agro-and Environmental Nematology, Rural Development, Statistics, Water Resources Engineering, Sustainable Territorial Development, Transportation Sciences and Road Safety, Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
- Training programmes (14-90 days) in: Sustainable Development and Human Rights Law (SUSTLAW), Health Management in Aquaculture, Audio-visual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM), Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Risk Analysis, Modern breeding techniques of maize, I-EBQ (International training on Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Qualitative research methods)
- be no more than 35 years for an initial masters and 40 years for an advanced masters.
How to Apply for the VLIR-UOS Scholarships
You must make an application for the training or Master programme first before applying for the scholarship.
To learn how to apply to selected program, visit this link and Follow the guidelines for application as mentioned on its website.
In the programme application, indicate that you wish to apply for a scholarship. The programme coordinator will forward your application to VLIR-UOS. The dates of application are determined by the programme. Check the website for more details.
Please note that VLIR-UOS will not consider applications submitted directly to it by candidates!
For detailed information on how to apply, visit the Official Website.