KAAD Scholarship is awarded by the Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD – Katholische Akademische Ausländerdienst in German) to post-graduate students and scientists from developing countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and South eastern Europe.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters, PhD)|||Institution(s): Partner Institutions|
||Location: UK|||Field(s): All|
||Target: Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America|||Deadline(s): 30 June, 30 November, 2017|
The scholarship is awarded to scholars with above-average performance in studies and research. The orientation of participants’ studies or research has to be towards permanent reintegration in their home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan). The awardees should be religiously and social committed and have the willingness for inter-religious dialogue.
KAAD works with focus, and partners with institutions in different countries to offer the scholarship.
For the KAAD scholarship programme you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
How to apply for the KAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries to Study or Research in Germany
KAAD works with focus- and partner countries in different regions. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channelled via them. Applications from other countries can be considered only in exceptional cases.
If you have any queries regarding this scholarship opportunity you can send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone through +49 228 917580.
You can also visit the KAAD Scholarship page for further information.