The Newcastle University Vice Chancellor Scholarship is offered by Newcastle University to international students who intend to start and pursue undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters) studies at the university. A total of 255 scholarships will be granted under this scholarship offer.
||Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): Newcastle University|
||Location: UK|||Field(s): Any|
||Target: All (excerpt UK or EU students)|||Deadline(s): 5 May, 31 July, 2017|
The Newcastle University Vice Chancellor Scholarship is a partial scholarship awards to assist applicants assessed as international students with part of their tuition fees. Each award is worth £3,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account. It covers one full academic year – starting September 2017.
The University will consider each individual application and allocate scholarships based on its strategic and diversity priorities. All eligible intending applicants are encouraged to apply for the Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships they would like to study at Newcastle University.
Applicants can only apply and be considered for a Vice-Chancellor’s International scholarship after they have been offered a place to study on their chosen degree course and have been assessed as international for fees purposes. They must also be:
- registered at Newcastle University for the 2017/18 academic year.
- registered for one of the following eligible courses:
- Undergraduate – All undergraduate degrees including integrated Masters
- Masters – MA; MArch; MBA; MClinDent; MClinRes; MEd; MFA; MMedEd; LLM; LLM (by research); MLitt; MMus; MPH; MRes; MSc
- wholly or partially self-financing
- defined as ‘international’ for fee purposes
- registered to study at Newcastle University city centre campus
- students new to the University and not those transferring or repeating courses.
Applicants should note that the following students are not eligible to receive Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships:
- UK or EU students assessed as ‘home’ for fee purposes.
- MPhil, doctoral (eg,PhD, Integrated PhD, EngD, DClinPych), Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Newcastle University intercalating students or placement, study abroad or exchange students. MSc Hydroinfomatics and Water Management (Euro Aquae) students are not eligible for this award.
- holders of fully-funded scholarships (full payment of fees and living expenses) such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other fully sponsored awards.
- students in receipt of India Great Scholarships or Santander Scholarships
- pathway students progressing to the University from INTO Newcastle
- current students, registered in 2016/17 or earlier, who have already commenced Undergraduate or Masters’ studies at the time of award: awards cannot be made retrospectively
- applicants initially assessed as international for fee purposes but whose fees change to ‘home’.
How to apply for the Newcastle University Vice Chancellor Scholarships
Eligible candidates holding an offer of admission into Newcastle University and who have been assessed as international for fees purposes will be invited to apply for the Newcastle University Vice Chancellor Scholarship. Details of how to apply will be emailed within 10 working days of an academic offer being made.
You may want to read the Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships 2017 (MS Word 22.5KB) for more details regarding the scholarship opportunity.