The ADB – Japan Scholarship programme aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): University of Auckland|
||Location: New Zealand|||Field(s): Several|
||Target: Several Countries|||Deadline(s): 30 May, 2017|
The University of Auckland is one of the participating academic institutions for the ADB Scholarship. The university’s programmes covered by the scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters Programmes in Engineering
As per the scholarship benefits, ADB-JSP provides for the scholar’s tuition fees, airfare to and from Auckland, health and medical insurance, basic cost of living, and grant for thesis preparation (where a scholar is to engaged in research).
To be able to apply for the ADB – Japan Scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme.
- have gained admission to a masters degree programme at an approved academic institution.
- have a bachelor degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the programme.
How to apply for the ADB – Japan Scholarships
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by completing and submitting the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship application form. The completed application form can either be sent through post or via courier with all required documents to University of Auckland. Applications for 2018 intake will close on 20 July 2017.
You can also visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship.