The Adelaide Scholarships International is a generous scholarship awards offered by the University of Adelaide in Australia. The scholarship is meant to attract bright students from overseas for postgraduate studies in areas of research to support the university in its research effort.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters, PhD)|||Institution(s): University of Adelaide|
||Location: Australia|||Field(s): All|
||Target: All (except New Zealand)|||Deadline(s): 30 April 2017|
The Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) features any Masters degree by Research or Doctoral Research Degree offered at the University of Adelaide. Students from all countries (except New Zealand) are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
There are limited slots available. The benefits of the scholarship includes course tuition fees, annual living allowance ($26,288 in 2016), and overseas student health cover (if award holder holds a subclass 500 visa).
The scholarship is awarded for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree. An extension is possible for doctoral programs only.
To be eligible for the Adelaide Scholarship International, the following conditions must be considered:
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year).
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a pre-enrollment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not
- Candidates are required to enroll in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrollment in the University. Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
How to apply for the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
To apply for this scholarship, you must submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via the online application system. There is no application fee. The next deadline is 30 April 2017 for Semester 2, 2017.
You can also visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI).