The OFID Scholarship Award is a generous program which sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries wishing to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university or college in the world.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): Partner Institutions|
||Location: Any|||Field(s): All|
||Target: Developing Countries|||Deadline(s): 01 May, 2017|
Part of the enticing features of the OFID Scholarship is that successful candidates can choose a master’s degree program of study from any accredited University or College anywhere in the world. However, the master’s degree studies must be related to development: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
The scholarship is open to nationals of developing countries (except OFID member countries). There is no specification for the number of available slots but this would be very limited. The Award covers the full cost of tuition fees, including any supplementary fees, required by your academic institution. The grant will also cover one round-trip flight between your home country and the university, health insurance, a relocation grant to help you cover additional costs of moving, and a monthly allowance for one year.
To be able to apply for the OFID Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his or her application.
- Be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2017, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Be a national of a developing country, please refer to the list of eligible countries at the official website. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
How to apply for the OFID Scholarship Award for International Students
To apply for the OFID Scholarship, first ensure that you fulfil all the required eligibility criteria. You then fill out an application form and upload supporting documents online before the application deadline of 1 May 2017.
Kindly visit the scholarship announcement page for further information regarding the OFID Scholarship and details on how to apply.