The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is a scholarship opportunity open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a master’s degree programme at Leiden University starting September 2017 or February 2018.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): Leiden University|
||Location: The Netherlands|||Field(s): All|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): 01 October, 2017|
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is open for all MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden. Students are advised to note that some programmes have a start date in September only. The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The LExS is only valid for the period the student is registered at Leiden University as a full time student within the time frame of the study programme.
To be eligible for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, candidates must:
- Be enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2017 or February 2018
- Be in his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad.
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Have not already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree with the exception of students applying for a Master programme for which a specified previous Master programme or work experience is mandatory.
- Comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
How to apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS)
To apply for LexS, you must first apply for admissions to Leiden University online. In your application, you must indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship and upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page.
For all programmes starting in September 2017, the deadline is 1 February 2017 (except for Law programmes which has the deadline of 1 March 2017). For programmes starting in February 2018, the deadline is 1 October 2017.
Kindly visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship.