The University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente. It is an annual scholarship program.
||Level: Undergraduate|||Institution(s): Univesity of Twente|
||Location: The Netherlands|||Field(s): All|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): 11 August, 2017|
The University of Twente Scholarships consist of 2 classes of scholarship awards: Kipaji Scholarship and Professor de Winter Scholarship. The scholarships are open to any qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University. Approximately 30 individuals would benefit from this scholarship program.
The scholarship value ranges from € 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year. In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year when they meet the process requirements for the UTS.
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes (Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results).
- Have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- Have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words), this motivation letter explains: (1) What you have studied in the past; (2) What goal you want to reach through your study at UT; (3) How you plan to receive this goal; (4) Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- Comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- Comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
- Have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable).
- May already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
How to apply for the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
Round 1 application for the University of Twente Scholarships has long been open. Round 2 applications opened on 1 February 2017. The deadline for Round 1 applications was 1 February 2017 while that of Round 2 applications is 1 May 2017.
Please note that in order to apply for the scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programmes. Applications are done online.
Kindly visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the UTS opportunity and details on how to apply.