The Università Cattolica Africa Scholarship is offered by the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) in Italy. The scholarship is part of its mission to foster relationships with developing countries developed the Africa Scholars Program for students, both citizens and residents, from the African continent.
||Level: Graduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): UCSC|
||Location: Italy|||Field(s): Several|
||Target: African|||Deadline(s): 15 April, 15 May, 2017|
The UCSC Africa Scholarships program aims to enable students to study selected masters degree programs taught in English at UCSC’s Milan, Piacenza and Cremona Campuses. Cattolica offers scholarship opportunities for 1-year English-taught specializing Masters as well. Coverage include Banking and Finance, Economics, Management, Global Business Management, Agriculture and Food Economics, Healthcare Management, and Arts Management.
The Cattolica Africa Scholarship program consists of seven 2-year MSc programs (Laurea Magistrale), all taught in English and commencing in September 2017. These programs are preparing for an academic and/or professional career. Graduates of MSc programs are also eligible to enter PhD programs at Italian universities.
Up to 47 scholarships are being offered for the 2017/2018 academic session. In the past, up to 52 scholarships – 12 full-tuitions and 39 partial-tuitions have been awarded. The scholarship will cover the whole period of 2-years. This scholarship is automatically extended from year to year for the normal duration of the degree program.
Though the Cattolica Africa Program covers tuition fee, students will still be responsible for their own living expenses. Living costs is an average of €200 per month in most places and lower than that in Milan. Please see the scholarship announcement page for complete breakdown of scholarship values.
To be eligible, candidates must be either citizens or residents of any African country. Also, candidate must studying one of the degree programs taught in English.
Admission requirements for all Master Degree programs include:
- Completion of at least a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university (2nd class upper division / 2.1 degree or higher)
- English Language Test score: IELTS 6.0 (Academic) or TOEFL IBT 80 if English is not your first language or successful completion of a degree program taught in the English language
How to apply for the Università Cattolica Africa Scholarships in Italy for African Students
Application for the Università Cattolica Africa Scholarship involves the following 4 steps:
- Select the degree program of your choice (up to two programs)
- Download the handbook of the online application from the application page and read it carefully
- Log in the online application and fill it in
- Remember to select ‘degree-seeking’ when asked for your ‘program type’, and upload the following documents:
- Copy of bio-data page of your passport or ID (in Latin alphabet);
- If you are a Non-EU citizen already living in Italy: copy of your “permesso di soggiorno” ;
- Transcript of academic records, including grading and credit system explanation;
- Bachelor-level Diploma, if you already graduated from university;
- Secondary School Diploma;
- English Language Certificate
- GMAT or GRE score (optional)
Candidates have to upload the originals of the transcript of academic records, bachelor-level Diploma (if available), and Secondary School Diploma, plus their official translation into Italian or English. If the documents are issued in English, French or Spanish, the translation is not required.Pay the application fee (75€, non-refundable) and submit your application.
There are 5 application rounds – 4 rounds for both EU and Non-EU students, while the last rounds for EU citizens and residents only. Online application period for 1st Round is December 1, 2016 – February 1, 2017; for 2nd Round is February 2 – March 15, 2017; for 3rd Round is March 16 – April 15, 2017; and for the 4th Round is April 16 – May 15, 2017.
You can visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on this scholarship opportunity.