The Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Academic Scholarship is awarded by Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg). The scholarships are awarded to the university’s academically vibrant international students doing bachelor degree programmes and master degree programmes
||Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): Hamburg University|
||Location: Germany|||Field(s): Several|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): 30 April, 30 Oct, 2017|
The Hamburg University Scholarships features all master degree programmes at Hamburg excerpt Design (Illustration, Communication Design, Fashion- Textile and Costume Design), Public Health, Public Management and degree programmes in collaboration with Heide and Lüchow-Dannenberg. The City of Hamburg subsidises degree programmes so the school does not charge tuition fees for national and international students except for professional Master’s programmes. For undergraduate programme kindly see Scholarship for Bachelor students.
The number of openings is not specified but several will be granted. The scholarship is for one semester; an extension for a further two semesters is possible. In terms of benefit, the award has value of up to 500 Euros/month for 4 months per semester.
The prerequisites for the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Academic Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master’s programme at the Hamburg University
- Applicants must have completed their school education outside of Germany
In addition, applicants must fulfill one of the following academic requirements:
1. Non-engineering students: completion of a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in the Regelstudienzeit with a grade of at least 2.0 (or equivalent to German system, if the degree is from outside Germany)
2. Engineering students: completion of a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in the Regelstudienzeit with a grade of at least 2.2 (or equivalent to German system, if the degree is from outside Germany)
3. All grades for the first semester in a Master’s programme at the HAW Hamburg better than at least 2.5, also for extensions.
Kindly note that students in Design degree programmes (Illustration, Communication Design, Fashion- Textile and Costume Design) as well as students of Public Health, Public Management, and degree programmes in collaboration with Heide and Lüchow-Dannenberg cannot apply for scholarships.
How to apply for the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Academic Scholarships
To apply for this scholarship, complete the application form (pdf) and submit it to the International Office of the Hamburg University. The scholarships are awarded by a commission of the HAW Hamburg.
There are two application deadlines for the winter and summer semesters every year. For the winter semester the deadline is 30th October while 30th April marks the deadline for the summer semester.
You can visit the scholarship announcement page for further information this scholarship opportunity.