The Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme, launched in October 2012, is an overseas programme aimed at supporting the emergence of indigenous experts, professionals or entrepreneurs especially but not exclusively, within the oil and gas industry
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): UK Institutions|
||Location: UK|||Field(s): All|
||Target: Nigeria|||Deadline(s): 12 May, 2017|
The Postgraduate Scholarship Program is part of NLNG’s Community Development programme which aims to contribute to long-term socio-economic development in its host communities and Nigeria at large. The Nigeria LNG Limited is pleased to call for applications from qualified candidates into the NLNG Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2017.
The scholarship awardees will undergo study in world class universities in the United Kingdom in a wide range of courses covered by scholarship scheme. These include:
- Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology)
- Engineering (Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Law (the various specialist areas)
- Medicine (the various specialist areas)
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences (Economics, Accountancy, Banking & Finance)
- Information Technology
Please note that scholars will NOT be allowed to work during their studies. They will be required to concentrate on completing their studies during the specified time duration and return home. However, engaging in course related internships are encouraged during the course of study where appropriate.
The number to award is not specified. However, the number of awards and allocation may vary per year. There were 10 beneficiaries in 2013, 13 beneficiaries in 2014 and 15 beneficiaries in 2015.
The scholarship is for the whole duration of the master’s degree studies. The award will cover your full tuition fees and contribute a monthly stipend towards your living expenses. It is valued at between $60,000 and $69,000 (2016 value), depending on the course.
Prospective beneficiaries of the Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship must:
- Not less than a 8.0 IELTS
- Be no more than 30 years of age
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class (Upper division) in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the National Youth Service Corp programme
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their Local Government Areas
- Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the stipulated courses
- Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2017
- Be able to obtain the UK Tier-4 students visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2017, if selected
- Not be a direct relative of any staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
How to apply for the Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship
To apply for the Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship, access the application portal to fill in an online form. All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments:
1. International passport bio-data page
2. First degree certificate
3. Provisional admission letter from select UK universities
4. IELTS result, and
5. LGA letter of identification
To avoid issues with the online registration form ensure that your username is all CAPS and your password is strong. Ensure you attach all the requested documents. Applicants will be disqualified for incomplete attachments and non-adherence to criteria for the award. To apply, visit the 2017 Postgraduate Application Portal.
You can also visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship.