The University of Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships is an opportunity presented by the University of Melbourne to foreign undergraduate students wishing to study in Australia.
||Level: Undergraduate|||Institution(s): University of Melbourne|
||Location: Australia|||Field(s): All|
||Target: All (Except Australia, New Zealand)|||Deadline(s): 30 May, 1 November, 2017|
The International Undergraduate Scholarships was established in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the university’s student population. The scholarship is open to citizens of all countries except Australia and New Zealand. All undergraduate degrees offered at the university are open for the scholarship.
Usually, 50 awards are given out per annum under this scholarship program. The duration depend on the type of scholarship awarded, ranging from awards that cover only the first year to awards that cover the whole duration of undergraduate degree programs.
In terms of benefit, the International Undergraduate Scholarship provides one of the following benefits:
- A one-off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree
- A 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree
- A 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree
To be considered for a fee remission scholarship under the International Undergraduate Scholarships scheme, a candidate must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not permanent resident of Australia
- have received an unconditional offer for undergraduate courses
- Have 4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels
- Have an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program
- Have overall 98% in an approved Foundation program
- Have an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44
- Not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program)
Kindly note that the International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region
How to apply for the University of Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships
Candidates do not need to submit applications for the International Undergraduate Scholarships. All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships available for each round: November, December and January for student commencing in Semester 1 or 2, and April and May for students commencing in Semester 2.
You can also visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on this scholarship opportunity.