The NWAG Scholarship is an opportunity presented by the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) for Nigerian to study in USA. NWAG was founded in April 2000 and awards the NWAG Scholarships to Nigerian high school students living in the USA.
||Level: Undergraduate|||Institution(s): Partner Institutions|
||Location: USA|||Field(s): Any|
||Target: Nigerian, Women|||Deadline(s): 31 April, 2017|
The NWAG scholarship is offered with a mission to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in Nigeria. As at 2016, NWAG has successfully awarded a one-time, one year scholarships to 470 female college students in Nigeria (see NWAG Scholarships in Nigeria) and 48 college-bound female students in Georgia, USA.
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia announces the take-off of the 2017 edition of its scholarship award — 2017 NWAG Scholarships in Georgia. All eligible female applicants are invited to apply. The application is open to citizens and/or residents of the United States who are of Nigerian descent. Awardees will study in any recognized university or institution of higher learning in the USA. They are free to study any course offered by their chosen institution.
A total of 2 scholarships will be awarded this time. Each award is a one-time, one year scholarship. The value of the award is five hundred dollars ($500.00) given to each successful applicant.
To qualify to apply for the NWAG Scholarship, applicant must be a female and must be a Georgia high school student of Nigerian descent.
How to apply for the NWAG Scholarships for Nigerian Undergraduate Students
To apply to this scholarship, candidates should download, complete and submit the ‘NWAG Application Form’ under ‘2017 NWAG Scholarships In Georgia’ as found on their website. This completed form should be submitted together with the materials and documents specified under Requirements as listed below:
- Proof of State of Residence.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Principal, Teacher or Counsellor.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Principal of school.
- Photocopy of your current high school student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- Proof of 10 Hours of community service
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on: “Discuss the significance of Nigerian cultural youth associations in Georgia in regards to the growth and development of young Nigerian Americans”.
The Completed application should be submitted with all required documents to NWAG either electronically via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the mail should be the name of the applicant. Application can also be sent by regular mail to P.O. Box 14542, Atlanta, GA 30324.
You can visit the scholarship provider’s website for further information on this scholarship opportunity.