The GDI Development Leadership Scholarship is an annual scholarship offered by the Global Development Institute (GDI). The institute offers nine scholarships for overseas applicants, providing full tuition fee waivers for on-campus Masters programme in September.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): University of Manchester|
||Location: UK|||Field(s): Several|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): 26 May, Yearly|
The GDI Development Leadership Scholarships are for selected candidates to study in the University of Manchester, United Kingdom. The scholarship covers the following fields:
- MSc Development Economics and Policy
- MSc International Development: Public Policy and Management
- MSc International Development, including the following pathways (Development Management; Environment, Climate Change and Development; Globalisation, Trade and Industry; Politics, Governance and Development Policy; Poverty, Inequality and Development; Poverty, Conflict and Reconstruction)
- MSc Human Resources Development (International Development)
- MSc ICTs for Development
- MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development
- MSc Management and Implementation of Development Projects
- MSc Organisational Change and Development
The scholarship benefit includes full tuition fee waivers. It targets nationals and resident of OECD countries.
To be eligible for this generous scholarship, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Must already hold an unconditional offer for an eligible Masters programme (please see list above for relevant masters programme for each scholarship.
- Must be a national of and resident in a DAC-listed least developed, other low-income or lower-middle income country. The full list of eligible countries can be found below.
- Applicants for international scholarships must not have previously studied in an OECD country.
- Must hold a First Class Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS (or similar exam), with 6.5 in writing and no other subsections below 6.0.
How to apply for the GDI Development Leadership Scholarships
Applicants for this scholarship opportunity should email a 500-word statement detailing how they will apply their learning to develop a credible career track into development leadership. The closing date for applications for September 2017 will be 26 May 2017, but earlier application is advisable.
You can visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the GDI Development Leadership Scholarship and details on how to apply.