The Excellence Masters Fellowship programme at University of Geneva is sponsored by the Faculty of Science in collaboration with several other faculties. The program is established for international students from all countries of the world to undergo master’s degree study across a broad range of scientific disciplines.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): University of Geneva|
||Location: Switzerland|||Field(s): Sciences|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): 15 March, Yearly|
The Excellence Masters Fellowships aims to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates intending to pursue a Master of Science in any of the disciplines covered by the programme. The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva offers Master of Science degree in a broad range of scientific disciplines:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
The fellowships are awarded for one year. It is extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies. The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year.
Applications for the Excellence Masters Fellowships are open to students from any university with very good performance in their studies and have completed bachelor degree or expect to complete it before program commencement.
Please consult the scholarship announcement site for additional information on eligibility for this program.
How to apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships
The application (in English or French) consists of:
- Application Form (downloaded from the official website)
- A Curriculum Vitae including the transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with grades.
- A two-page essay in which the applicant describes his/her specific scientific interests, specifies the Master’s program at the Faculty of Science he/her would like to pursue, and motivates the intention to pursue a Master of Science programme at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to the e-mail address indicated below). They should specifically attest if the candidate fulfills the conditions of the Excellence Fellowship Program (see above).
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
Candidates must submit the application form and supporting documents as a unique pdf file by e-mail to the Dean of the Faculty of Science before the stipulated deadline.
You can visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on this study opportunity.