The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships is offered by the Government of Brunei Darussalam through its Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It is an annual scholarship tenable in Brunei Darussalam, under a special scholarship scheme for foreign students to study at selected universities.
||Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate (masters, PhD)|||Institution(s): Partner Institutions|
||Location: Brunei|||Field(s): All|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): 13 March, Yearly|
For the 2017-2018 academic sessions the scholarship awards will provide applicants the opportunity to study at University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University (UNISSA), Brunei Institute of Technology (ITB) and Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The Government of Brunei now calls on all foreign students wishing to study in any academic discipline to apply for its Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships. If you miss this year’s call, this post should get you ready to think about this generous scholarship next year. Kindly subscribe to our mailing for a reminder next year.
All course programs in various disciplines at undergraduate level, master’s level, master’s by research level and doctoral level are eligible for the award. The scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is 4 years for a first degree with honours, 1 to 2 years for a master’s degree, 3 years for a doctoral degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB, 2 ½ years for HND at ITB, 3 years for diploma of health sciences at UBD, all on a full time basis.
In addition, awardees get one return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam. This will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Baggage allowance maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region upon completion of the programme only.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospital. An administration charge will however be payable for every consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist. Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
The eligibility criteria for this generous scholarship include:
- Applications are open to citizens of, but NOT limited to, ASEAN, OIC, and Commonwealth Member Countries.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 for undergraduate programs and not exceeding the age of 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31st of July 2017
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam
The following presents the list of countries from which application is accepted for the scholarship:
- ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam)
- OIC (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen)
- Commonwealth Member Countries (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British) and Zambia);
How to apply for the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships
Application forms may be obtained from Brunei Darussalam Foreign Missions, Representatives of Brunei Darussalam, or from the Technical Assistant Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Brunei Darussalam. You may also download it from the scholarship announcement page. The mode of applying is by email. Candidates applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for Scholarships of the applicant’s country.
You can visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the scholarship.