To celebrate fifty years of shaping science, technology and innovation research, teaching and policy, the University of Sussex have launched a new scholarship programme to enable the very best students from around the world to study a Masters degree. The programme is anchored under the name Sussex SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters)|||Institution(s): University of Sussex|
||Location: UK|||Field(s): Several|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): 1 July, Yearly|
The Sussex 50th Anniversary Scholarship is for students wishing to undergo masters degree in the Science Policy Research Unit at University of Sussex under any of the following fields:
- Energy Policy
- Project Management
- Science and Technology Policy
- Strategic Innovation Management
- Sustainable Development
The number of awards to be given is not specified. In the previous years, up to 5 awards were dished out to applicants. Application is welcomed from students from all countries of the world. In terms of benefits, the scholarship features £10,000 contributed towards fees with some additional fund to be used to support maintenance.
In order to be considered for the SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Achieved or expect to achieve a 1st class honours degree (or equivalent if from an overseas institution). However 2:1s or equivalent international classification with excellent supporting statements are also eligible
- Have applied for and been offered a place to study full time on one of SPRU’s five MSc programmes (see above)
- You must apply for an eligible Masters course and receive and accept an offer
- You must meet all the University’s general entrance requirements
- Scholarship value is £10k which is used to offset the cost of fees or to support maintenance. Any remaining funds after the offset of fees are paid as a stipend to support maintenance.
How to apply for the Sussex SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, you must complete and submit the application form before 1 July 2017, 23:59 BST. Kindly visit the scholarship announcement page for further information and details on how to apply for this scholarship.