The Makerere University in Uganda is offering the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for African students to study for any undergraduate degree at the University. The goal of the program is to educate and empower the next generation of African leaders at Makerere University.
||Level: Undergraduate|||Institution(s): Makerere University|
||Location: Uganda|||Field(s): Several|
||Target: Africans|||Deadline(s): 28 April, 2017|
Makerere University partners with MasterCard Foundation to support 1000 academically bright but economically disadvantaged youth from Africa to access quality university education from 2014 to 2024. Total of 1,000 students will be awarded throughout the 10 year period. The MasterCard
For the 2017-2018 academic year 256 undergraduate scholarships will be awarded — 229 females and 27 males. Preferred fields are Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engineering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management
Makerere University is pleased to announce 256 undergraduate scholarship opportunities for both National and International students joining the university in academic year 2017-2018. Foundation Scholars Program provides comprehensive financial, academic as well as social support to scholars for the entire period of their study at the university.
In order to be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Makerere University, candidate must:
- Must apply for admission to study at Makerere University in academic year 2017/18
- Must be from an economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa
- Should exhibit academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 11 points for girls and 15 points for boys obtained in U.A.C.E between 2015 and 2016.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and commitment to social betterment.
- Must have an exceptional record of service and activity in his/her former school and/or community
- Should not be a holder of any other Scholarship.
- Should not have completed any Diploma or Undergraduate studies.
How to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Applicants for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402. Alternatively, the form can be downloaded from The MasterCard Foundation Scholars website. You can also visit the University website.
Completed application forms are to be submitted to the address above by the deadline. Alternatively, they can be sent by email to: email@example.com. For submissions by email, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible. You can visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship opportunity at Makerere University.