The University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) is targeted at candidates who wish to undertake a postgraduate research degree or master’s by research program at the University of Sydney. The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
||Level: Postgraduate (Masters, PhD)|||Institution(s): University of Sydney|
||Location: Australia|||Field(s): Several|
||Target: All|||Deadline(s): 31 July, 15 December, 2017|
Application for the University of Sydney International Scholarship is welcomed from students from all countries of the world. The scholarship applies to all postgraduate research degree or master’s by research program in all research disciplines.
The number of awards to be given out is not specified however the scholarship is highly competitive with very limited slots being offered each year. In terms of benefit, the USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
To be eligible for the University of Sydney International Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student commencing full time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree
For details on selection criteria, please refer to the Supplementary information for research scholarship applicants.
How to apply for the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
To apply for the USydIS students must indicate that they would like to be considered for the USydIS by completing the relevant section of the postgraduate research application form. To be considered for the award, completed applications must be received by the Admissions Office by any of the stipulated deadlines.
You can visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on the scholarship opportunity and details on how to apply for a program.